Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pictures

 I realized I haven't posted many pictures lately so let me catch you up to speed without a bunch of text.


 Nafula and I
 Alyssa and I leaving the children's home
 Talking to a young girl on my way to lunch. Photo cred: Alyssa Sajady

Rita, Joseph, the head of the Kenya Red Cross club at Kibabi Diploma, me, Alyssa, Mark, Ali and Edwin after the Chanuka Challenge last Saturday. We got certificates for helping organize the event and Alyssa and I served as judges for the public speaking competition. Chanuka Challenge is a chance for high school's and universities to come together and challenge each other in public speaking and trivia. The Red Cross has a wheel that participants spun (kind of like The Price is Right) and the arrow would land on a topic such as HIV/AIDS prevention, blood safety, dissemination, reproductive health, and general health knowledge. Participants were asked questions pertaining to the topic and if they answered correctly their team received a point. We awarded trophies to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.



Entertaining Nafula with one of the Branch's baby bunnies while she soaks her feet in iodine. I realized she had jiggers and brought her to the Red Cross to remove them. Although she didn't enjoy the treatment, the bunny and the lollipop I gave her after helped. 

This is what her feet looked like before/during treatment. 


3 days later, I went to check on her and she was wearing her TOMS! We gave her two pairs and told her to wear them everyday. I am going to check on her again tomorrow! (Friday)

No comments:

Post a Comment